| || || || || |
The exact structure of the event is dependent on the number of teams taking part, but the objective will be to maximize the number of runs for every cart.
A rough outline for the competition is;
Event Timetable (Provisional)
Friday 13th July
Saturday 14th July
Friday: 3 or more individual untimed practice runs each. Speeds measured at the speed trap 450m below the start used for group seeding. Permanent yellow flag applies - no overtaking.
Saturday: Teams split into groups of up to 4 carts, using the previous day's speed gun data for seeding. Each group will race head to head, with the winning 2 carts in each group going through into the next round. Consolation heats will be run for eliminated teams so every team will have the same number of runs and will get an overall placing.
The complete rule set for the competition can be found on the download page.
Notwithstanding any unforseen problems, every team should get at least 7 runs in total (3 on Friday and 4 on Saturday).
UK Soapbox Race News
- Framlingham SoapBox Race, Suffolk
- RLI Childrens Ward Bogie Race, Lancashire
- Haverfordwest 2nd Annual Soapbox Derby, Pembrokeshire
- St. Georges Day Soapbox Challenge, Thetford, Norfolk
- Stoke on Trent Soap Box Derby, Staffordshire
- Camping at the Castle Soapbox Derby, Herefordshire
- Burghfield Box Kart Bash, Berkshire
- Hinkley BID Soap Box Derby, Leicestershire
- Brockweir Soapbox Derby, Gloucestershire
- Richards Castle Soap Box Derby
- The Autohorn Micklegate Run Soapbox Challenge, York
- 2017 Soapbox Race Calendar
- Hawksland Bogie Race, Lanarkshire
- Penn House Gravity Grand Prix, Buckinghamshire
- Worlaby Downhill Challenge, Lincolnshire
- Welton Soapbox Derby, Northamptonshire