| || || || || |
The nature of the course, with gradients of 1 in 10 and steeper in some places and speeds in excess of 60mph, means that this event is not suitable for "novelty carts".
The technical specification for soapbox carties and gravity sidecars is available from here.
The competition rules define how the Cairngorm Soapbox Extreme will be run and how the winners are determined.
In summary - teams run in individual untimed practice runs on Friday evening and then in series of seeded elimination heats on Saturday where they race head to head in groups of up to four. The first two in each heat go through to the next round, and the last two go into run-off heats so everyone has the same number of runs and everyone gets an overall placing.Click here for further details.
UK Soapbox Race News
- Framlingham SoapBox Race, Suffolk
- RLI Childrens Ward Bogie Race, Lancashire
- Haverfordwest 2nd Annual Soapbox Derby, Pembrokeshire
- St. Georges Day Soapbox Challenge, Thetford, Norfolk
- Stoke on Trent Soap Box Derby, Staffordshire
- Camping at the Castle Soapbox Derby, Herefordshire
- Burghfield Box Kart Bash, Berkshire
- Hinkley BID Soap Box Derby, Leicestershire
- Brockweir Soapbox Derby, Gloucestershire
- Richards Castle Soap Box Derby
- The Autohorn Micklegate Run Soapbox Challenge, York
- 2017 Soapbox Race Calendar
- Hawksland Bogie Race, Lanarkshire
- Penn House Gravity Grand Prix, Buckinghamshire
- Worlaby Downhill Challenge, Lincolnshire
- Welton Soapbox Derby, Northamptonshire